Tuesday, August 21, 2012

What to Expect While Reading This Blog

Seeing as this is only my second entry, it's hard to say what exactly I'll be writing about consistently. But here are some topics that you can expect to see:

Job Hunting Tips/Tricks/Rants/Disappointments
As my primary occupation right now is finding a full-time job related to international politics, I expect to write quite a bit about my job search and practices that have/have not worked for me throughout this process.

Latin America & International Politics
Latin America is my area of interest (I wouldn't say "expertise"!) within the realm of international politics. I studied for a semester in Buenos Aires, Argentina, speak Spanish with near fluency, and have  done a number of independent research projects about Latin American affairs. I'd like to use this space to report on current events with my own insight. I'll of course include other events outside of Latin America; however, I'd like to dedicate most of my "reporting" time to my favorite region.

The Foreign Service Officer Test
My boyfriend and I are taking the FSOT at the end of September on a whim. Well...perhaps it's more than "on a whim." I've wanted to take the test for years, and though I'm a bit overwhelmed by the mass of information that the test covers, I'm really enjoying preparing for it. I hope to post some study methods, information about the test, practice questions, and other related knowledge.

Corgis
...Ok. You can't blame me for this one; with such dense subject matter otherwise, I need a few derpy puppies to lighten the mood. Trust me, you'll thank me on this one.

You're welcome. (Photo via)

No comments:

Post a Comment